Check your eligibility for a Home Care Package.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you an older person who needs some help to stay in your own home?
- Are you struggling with some aspects of living at home, but you’re still able to manage most of the time?
- Do you think if you don’t get some help at home, you might have to go into an aged care home before you’re ready?
- Are you a younger person with a disability, dementia or other special care needs that are not met through specialist services?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then you may be eligible for a Home Care Package.
There is no minimum age for accessing a Home Care Package, but you will need to be assessed as eligible by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT), or an Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) in Victoria.
Supplements are available to make sure you receive the care you need.
Such supplements may include:
- Dementia and Cognition Supplement
- Veterans’ Supplement for veterans with service-related mental health conditions accepted by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Oxygen Supplement for people with an ongoing medical need for oxygen
- Enteral Feeding Supplement for people who need enteral feeding on an ongoing basis.
These supplements are available with any of the four levels of Home Care Packages.
If you are eligible, your home care provider will receive some extra funding to make sure you receive the care you need.
You do not need to apply for these supplements. Your home care provider will apply on your behalf, or in some cases, the supplement will be paid automatically to your provider.
Please use our Business Directory Search facility to find ‘Home Care Package’ providers in your local area.