You may ask the Social Worker or Centrelink Worker at the hospital to notify Centrelink of your child’s death.

You should not need to fill out any forms if you were already receiving benefits.

If you are entitled to a Bereavement Payment, you will need to submit a claim form, including Parental Leave Pay, Dad and Partner Pay, Stillborn Baby Payment, Newborn Upfront Payment and Newborn Supplement Payment.

Centrelink will make the appropriate adjustments to your benefits as listed on their website.  For more information, please visit:  Centrelink website.

For further information, please visit:  ‘What to Do Following a Death’ on the Australian Government’s Human Services website.  

Also see the section ‘Useful Links – Funerals for Babies, Children and Teenagers’ on our website for further information.

If you require the services of a Funeral Director, please use our Business Search facility.