Cremation allows you to keep your beloved pet’s ashes close to you forever and gives you more personalised options to remember your pet.
Pet funeral directors provide a door-to-door service, that includes the collection of your deceased pet from your veterinarian or home, and if you wish, the return of your pet’s ashes:
- You can choose a simple cremation (where no ashes are returned), and receive a Certificate of Cremation.
- The ashes of your pet may be interred in a pet memorial garden or in your own garden or favourite location. You may prefer to scatter the ashes as part of a ceremony, or ashes can be placed in a cremation urn or box for burial and covered with a memorial plaque. Pet crematoriums offer a choice of areas to either scatter or bury ashes. Some areas have no separate site and no grave marker. Other areas have individual sites with a plaque or headstone.
- Ashes can be kept at home in a special urn, or an ornate wooden box with extra room for special mementos such as photos, toys and collars.
- Ashes can also be kept in photo frames and cabinets with a hidden sealed compartment for your pet’s ashes.
- You can purchase commemoration trees, shrubs and benches as a dedicated memorial to your pet.
- There is memorial jewellery and key-rings to contain a portion of your pet’s ashes, and you can also arrange to have a unique sketch of your pet as a lasting dedication.