Useful links for Funerals for Babies, Children and Teenagers: We have provided a list of useful links, so that you may continue with your own research, if you wish to do so.
Please note that these links may be subject to change over time.
- Human Services – Eligibility for Parental Leave Pay
- Human Rights Commission – Know Your Facts – Indigenous Women and Pregnancy Discrimination
- Fair Work Ombudsman – Parental Leave and Related Entitlements
- Human Services – Bereavement Payment
- Human Services – Claim for Bereavement Payment Form
- Human Services – Stillborn Baby Payment
- Stillbirth Foundation Australia
- Bears of Hope
- Australia and New Zealand Stillbirth Alliance
- Sids and Kids
- Stillborn Baby Payment
You may be eligible for Stillborn Baby Payment if:
- your baby was stillborn on or after 1 March 2014
- you or your partner would have been the primary carer of the baby
- you meet the income test or the Family Tax Benefit Part A eligibility test
- you meet residence requirements
You cannot receive both Parental Leave Pay and Stillborn Baby payments.
In most States and Territories you are required to register a stillbirth at 20 weeks gestation, or if the gestation period cannot be reliably established and the baby weighs at least 400 grams, with the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry.